Reno Mattresses® are manufactured to EN 10233-3 with hexagonal woven wire mesh type 60, commonly referred to as double twist wire mesh. The steel wire used in the manufacturing of Gabions is 2.2mm in diameter and is protected by heavily galvanizing or zinc alloy coating Galfan (Zn95Al5) suited for structures in dry areas and low aggressive environment.
Reno Mattresses® are manufactured in compartments of 1m in the flow direction in order to reduce migration of rock and the diaphragms are formed by folding the base, ensuring a higher rigidity and reducing deformation under high flow conditions. While extremely durable for a long-term reinforcement solution, due to its shape, a Reno Mattress® is flexible enough to conform to in situ conditions.
Reno Mattresses® are used:
- Principally in water applications subject to abrasion by debris and corrosion by water.
- In riverbank protection, channelising work, stormwater outlets and are able to withstand water velocity up to 6.5m/s and riverbanks slopes up to 45 degrees.
In order to achieve long lasting structures, Polimac® coating is always recommended.
Reno Mattresses® are delivered flat packed.
Once on site, they are filled with stone and laced tightly closed using hand tools. They are simple to assemble and provide long-lasting effectiveness.
Reno Mattresses® are available in various sizes (measured in length x width x height). No wire is included for lacing and binding of units. It is recommended that you include binding wire at 8% of the unit weight (to the same specification) in your cart.
Technical Data Sheets
Download the technical data sheets below
- Zinc Reno Mattresses® (Castoro) Uncoated 2.2mm
- Zinc Reno Mattresses® Uncoated 2.2mm
- Zinc Reno Mattresses® (Castoro) Coated 2.2 – 3.2mm
- Zinc Reno Mattresses® Coated 2.2 – 3.2mm
- Galfan Reno Mattresses® (Castoro) Uncoated 2.2mm
- Galfan Reno Mattresses® Uncoated 2.2mm
- Galfan Reno Mattresses® (Castoro) Coated 2.2 – 3.2mm
- Galfan Reno Mattresses® Coated 2.2 – 3.2mm